Monday, October 6, 2008

Well, How many years since I visited my blog? It is sooo much fun to read everyone elses clever blogs, I hardly know where to begin. I truly enjoy reading Jacqueline's, Adree's and Paula's domaines to keep up with their families. I don't know how they do it because it takes me FOREVER!!!! I guess I need to do it more often.



Over the weekend, my hubby, the politician and I went to Jasper to attend a convention. It was quite enjoyable and I wonder why we haven't gone more often. Well, I figured it out...an eight hour drive from home...to the end of nowhere. But the scenery was fantastic and we did enjoy our weekend. Broyce got a little confused with some of the new words....like our hotel...which was called the Lobstick Lodge, which wasn't really THAT bad but he was telling everyone we were staying at the Dipstick hotel....which he truly thought was the name. Then in one of his sessions the speaker told them it was important for them to get their profile out on Facebook for contact with their constituents...but when he told me about it, it was. "They told us to get on "Facelift".



It makes me smile. He is getting more comfortable with his blackberry though. He can pull up his calendar and even make a phone call, as long as the number is on his contact list. If he has to dial it,..... that's a problem.



The wildlife in the park was incredible....and me without a camera. I finally got some batteries and took a few pics with my oldy goldy, which takes awful pictures, but haven't transfered them to the computer yet. You had to kick the elk out of the way to walk down the street. One of our friends was walking back to his cabin late at night and a cow elk kept charging him. They are everywhere in the townsite. The bull elk had huge racks....like a spread so big it seemed unreal. Didn't measure but they looked awsome. Very docile and tame looking though. Acted like they owned the town. They were meandering right down main street right up the sidewalk. I took a little drive up the mountain and sat and watched a black bear for a while. Didn't get too close though.

Speaking of Bears!!! Randy, Candice's husband was out hunting elk last week and had the fright of his life as he was charged by a grizzley bear at 30 yards away. It was very lucky he cocked his gun as soon as he saw it, because he only had 5 seconds between when he saw it and when it came after him. It was a 600 pound grizz and about 10 years old, so say the wardens.



1 comment:

Paula said...

That made me laugh so hard about the dipstick hotel and the facelift.